How to care for my leotard
How to care for my Leotard
Flexible Fashion offers fabrics that are produced to meet our exclusive stretch and quality standards. Flexible Fashion takes tremendous pride in having the best fabrics in the industry. We want you to enjoy your FlexiFash wear for years to come and this is why it's important for us to advise you of the tendencies of certain fabrics, as well as practices to avoid.
Our fabrics can be grouped into two categories:
- Long Wearing Durable Fabrics: Nylon/Spandex, Velvet, and DryTech
- DryTech may shrink when heat is applied.
- Special Care Fragile Fabrics: Hologram, Mesh, and Nylon/spandex with Foil (Mystique/"glitz")
- Note that certain high fashion fabrics are more susceptible to wear and fading than other traditional long wearing, durable fabrics. Hologram and Nylon/Spandex with Foil (Mystique/"glitz") fabrics will dull slightly in jeweled areas due to heat application.
Actual colours may vary. This is due to the fact that every computer monitor has a different capability to display colours and that fabric colours vary from time to time.
We cannot guarantee that the colour you see accurately portrays the true colour of the product that you will receive.
Fragile Fabrics need extra special care:
- Repeated wear and washing may cause the fabrics to fade or loose their glitz.
- Alcohol in all aerosol products, such as hairspray, affect these fabrics. Please cover garment before applying. Perfumes and body lotions can also affect fragile fabrics.
- Deodorants and perspiration may cause these fabrics to colour bleed, fade or lose their glitz, especially when the two colours meet under the arms. We recommend the use of deodorant that does not contain Aluminum Chlorohydrate.
- Mesh could potentially be damaged due to the rigors of certain routines, where person to person contact can add stress to the fabric. You are free to order this fabric, but do so with great discretion because Flexible Fashion will not guarantee the life span of this fabric.
- Colour transference or colour bleed occurs when a white or light colour fabric is combined with a bright or dark colour fabric. This is a common industry problem and can become obvious under certain conditions, especially when a light colour garment is worn under a dark colour warm-up or short and/or when damp garments are left in gym bags. It is impossible for Flexible Fashion to guarantee that our fabrics will not bleed, even by following proper washing instructions, due to the individual nature of each athlete's wear/washing procedure. The following is a list of fabrics that may be at greater risk for colour bleed, when combined with white or light colour fabrics: Pink Mystique, Black Mystique, Navy Mystique and Red Mystique. You are free to order any fabric and colour combination, but please do so with great discretion. If you choose to combine light and dark colours, Flexible Fashion will not be responsible for replacing your garment(s) if colour bleed occurs.
- Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in our garments, causing the Glitz on our fabrics to discolor and the embellishments to fall off.
Garment(s) must be washed separately. Turn garments inside out. Use a mild liquid detergent, gently hand wash in a large volume of cold water. Rinse immediately.
DO NOT allow garment to soak. Pat dry with a clean towel and use a thick plastic hanger to air dry.
DO NOT use fabric softeners. Fabric softeners negatively affect the adhesives used in our garments, causing the glitz on our fabrics to discolour and the embellishments to fall off.
DO NOT dry clean. Dry cleaning uses harsh chemicals that can damage the fabric and embellishments used in our garments.
DO NOT iron. The heat from an iron can melt and/or discolour the delicate fabrics in our garments. Excessive heat can also weaken the adhesives used to attach the embellishments to the garment and cause them to fall off.
Flexible Fashion will not guarantee any garment that is not washed and dried as directed. If you choose to combine sensitive fabrics and colours, it is at your own risk. FF may refuse returns on special orders in those combinations.